Monday 10 August 2015

Journal play

So one Sunday I decided to try and kickstart some art.  I got out my large journal and decided to just do messy backgrounds ready for me to create on. I did some ombre backgrounds, some gesso backgrounds, with spray ink and some squirt the paint on the page and try to arfully blend together, which is where this one started.  I started working on the one opposite which was oranges and pinks when some of the pink ended up on this background (messy artist) and it caught my eye and I liked the contrast, so I switched pages and created some more layers, including book circles coloured with inks. I liked them and decided the rest of the bookpage would look good as a dress for a whimsical girl, so I bravely (or so I thought) blocked out the figure and I've been working on it on and off since then. The flowers ended up because the book page had a hole in it form where I'd cut out circles before realising I wanted a dress shape, LOL, that's what you call serendipity Now I think its finished or virtually anyway. 

So what do you think?

                                               


forgot to mention the lips, first off all I was going for a singing angel, but it all looked a bit non- angelic, so I painted out and started again, and then again, I wish Id stopped at the second set.



getting proud of my shading and its all thanks to the fabby Kate Crane, a great teacher.


2 comments:

theboelemas@aol.com said...

Wow! Just wow! This rocks ExG xxx

Deborah said...

Wonderful page, Pidd! Pink in the wrong place and circumnavigating cut out circles make it totally unique.