Friday 8 February 2013

Craft Stamper Blog Challenge

I saw this technique of faux airbrushing by Joanne Allison in this months issue of Craft Stamper (pages 62/63) and though it looked so effective and I decided to have a go, so I have made my husbands Valentines card using the technique.


I bought a cheap sponge as my only outlay on this technique and use Distress Inks in Pickled Raspberry and Festive Berries to make the heart, I wanted the colour to have a bit more depth, so I applied two colours virtually all over. I used one of my old craft punches to punch through some acetate to use as my mask and this worked out so easy to use. Using acetate is a great idea for placement. So I have now used all my old dies to make masks with acetate, well those that would punch some were a bit stubborn.

So I am entering this into the Craft Stamper Take it Make it Challenge

9 comments:

Ginger said...

Ohh, my favourite bunnies. Thanks for playing along with the Craft Stamper Challenge. Also a link for the Treasure Trove http://www.fredaldous.co.uk/craft-shop/general-crafts/dip-it-fantasy-film.html

Anonymous said...

Lovly! great stamps.

Kate Creates - a lot of mess, just ask my family..... said...

What a cute card. I love the variation in density of your airbrush technique. You have a lighter touch than I do!

Deborah said...

Aww gotta love those bunnies. I am sure your husband will be well chuffed.

Angelnorth said...

You did well to get a punch to go through acetate, I always use dies in case anything jams! Great card, the heart turns the bunnies into perfect Valentine image! Thanks for playing along in the first Craft Stamper challenge.

jaine drake said...

How cute, I love the bunny stamps a lot :) Thanks for entering the challenge with Craft Stamper.

Sarah said...

Just perfect...the heart looks fabulous like this and those rabbits are too sweet. Thanks for playing along with Craft Stamper. Sarah.

Trish Latimer said...

Gorgeous! Love the bunnies, and the depth of colour on the heart is lush! Thanks for playing along with the Craft Stamper Challenge!

Michelle Webb said...

I love these rabbit stamps too from CI. Love your sentiment too. Michelle x