Saturday 25 June 2011

Catch up time

Well what a couple of weeks, I've had ups and downs like you would not believe, and to top it all my mojo went walkabout.  So in frustration I spent last weekend making flat pack shelves for my craft area and I now have a desk instead of a dining table, now returned to it's rightful place in the kitchen.  The organisation of all my stash has taken me all week and some stuff has just been shoved into a box for me to contemplate another day, but it's looking very nice, if I say so myself.

My secondment finished this week so its back to branch on Monday, after a meeting with my Local Director, who doesn't like me, so I am really looking forward to that, NOT.  But on a brighter note I attended a class this week, run by Jo C-S (yes the one and only Jo Capper-Sandon) and it was brilliant, set in a lovely village hall with great views through the rain, and some lovely ladies who get to attend most of Jo's classes, (slight tinge of green there).  We made little houses, (kindly sawed by Mr C-S) using a master sheet and building up with stamps, as is typical of me I liked everyone elses efforts more than my own, here is mine before I took them home.....

and then after a bit more work, the finished article....


The class has really set my mojo going and Ive got some great ideas, also ordered some more of Jo's stamps as loved using them.  When I got home I was inspired enough to make a card for the FIL, it was his birthday that day, so slightly behind, but hopefully he will forgive me...


also made a birthday card for Rusty Cage, the week before, again it was late, (what am I like!!!)

oh and here is a picture of me with Jo, getting quite a collection of me with the Crafting Greats LOL,

Apologies to everyone re my non commenting, I have been looking at everyones posts but blasted blogger wont register my comments, some of them were really funny too, LOL.  Think I've got it sorted now, was told to untick the keep me signed in box, which seems to be working, but think I need to get Mozilla firefox as well, as have been using Windows explorer, which has loads of probs apparently.

Oh and final confession havent written on my calendar since 14th June, so a slight bit behind, shall have to try and remember all my interesting bits of life this pm, also have got Kate Cranes new DVD's and shall be watching them this pm.

Toodles

6 comments:

Jo Capper-Sandon said...

*blush*

REALLY enjoyed your company last week, it was brilliant you made it all that way.
So pleased that you enjoyed the workshop, your houses looked fab at the end of the class (love that touch of fushia) and happy you got time to do some fine tuning :0)

Glad you your mojo back again and got cardmaking :0)I'd have chickened out and bought my FiL a card (as I always do lol).

What a pity we are so far away from each other :0( Keep in touch x

Deborah said...

Your mojo is well and truly back, girlfriend!(My card is fab, I did tell you that, didn't I?) I envy you getting to play with Jo and other crafters, and for having Kate's DVDs. Your local director sounds like an idiothole but maybe you don't want to be putting that on your blog, you never know who is reading! xxx

Siobhan Brignull said...

@Rusty . . likelihood of idiot hole being allowed on my blog = 0
@Jo . . you might well regret that, made it back in just under an hour, so you are in fairly easy reach, mwah mwah mwah

flutterbycrafter said...

Well you seem to have found your mojo, love, love the houses and the card for your fil is brilliiant xx

theboelemas@aol.com said...

It was good to meet you. Glad the piccy of you and Jo came out OK - was a touch concerned you'd just my pudgy fingers!! Loved your houses btw.

Claire xx

thekathrynwheel said...

Ooh lucky you, going to a class with Jo C-S, looks like you had a most productive time. And thank you soooo much for getting my DVDS- hope you like 'em. Hope the meeting with idiot hole went ok :-(
Keep blogging - missed ya!