Sunday 31 October 2010

Bah humbug !!!!!

Yes its halloween, but all this trick and treating is an american tradition, not ours, I think its just another con by the retailers to make us buy lots of tut, bah humbug.

ROFL

How miserable am I........     :(

Anyway, busy busy week, am on a bank course next week and have a ton of things to learn before I attend, they make you do a test as soon as you arrive and if you fail you are sent home, how embarrasing, so am working really hard to avoid that scenario. Also dreading the travelling as it is in  the City for three days, so I've got to be up at the crack of dawn each day to get there. So will definitely be AWOL next week, unless of course the embarrassing scenario happens, (please god noooooooooooooooooo)

This week I have done some more purchasing, its Dyan's fault who did a link to some great new digi images, by The Octopode Factory, I couldnt resist and bought the Alice inWonderland set, decided to do a journal page, trying some new techniques, like the edging, how hard is it to get a black pen to work over acrylics, think I killed my black sharpie, ended up using a uni ball which flowed lovely,what pen does everyone else use?


I am pleased with the result the sort of grungey pastel effect, have even put it as my background image on my mobly, its my own personal art gallery, haha



Anyway wishing you all a brilliant week and cross your fingers for me on Wednesday.

12 comments:

Deborah said...

Those octopode images are great aren't they. I have yet to buy any as I am trying to be sensible. Love your page! Good luck with the course - keeping my fingers crossed you aren't sent home in shame. I am sure you won't be.

MayJay said...

Love your page, Siobhan. Fingers crossed for you on wednesday...you won't be sent home, you are faaaar too good to be sent home, lol.Hope it all goes well for you.
Hugs, Mayxx

flutterbycrafter said...

Hope you're not sent home, lol. Of course you won't be. Love, love this journal page, terrific colours. I've bought loads of the Octopode factory images, they are fantastic. xx

donnalouiserodgers said...

ha ha ha,

good luck with the test,

I don't do halloween at all and have just set the dogs on the last callers

love your journal pages, fab Art.

donnalouiserodgers said...

red lady it is

The Taming of the Glue said...

Good luck with the course...you'll ace it! Love the journal page.

Sherry Goodloe said...

My fingers are DEFINITELY crossed for you today!!

I use Micron archival ink pens over acrylics.

Love your page!

thekathrynwheel said...

So, you haven't blogged again since this post .... does that mean you passed the test?! I hope the embarassing unthinkable scenario didn't happen for you!!
Loving the journal pages :-) As for pens, I ruin all of mine so don't ask me which pen to use!

The Octopode Factory said...

great use of Alice. good luck on your course!

Audrey said...

Love your page!!

Paper Paradise said...

Talk about pressure!!!!!!! It must be very daunting, but at the end of the day you can only do your best, sure you will be fine...... If you were tested on your journal page it would be A*, it really is FANTASTIC!!!!!!!! x

Kate said...

Hope your course went well! Gorgeous artwork too. Have just sent you FB Freind request btw!
Kate x