Monday 5 April 2010

Art Wall

Hi everyone hope you have all had a restful and peaceful easter, I ended up doing more tidying than crafting, it's that spring light highlighting all the dust and cobwebs.

One thing I did was create a box with all my letters sorted out alphabetically so all the die cuts and chipboards etc are all together, hopefully easier to find,then today I had a bit of a tidy up of the craft area, I steal a little bit more room each time, soon have it all, LOL.  Laughing on the other side of my face when I dropped my newly alpabeticised box of letters, grrrrr how annoying, could have cried but had to laugh.

Also created a little wall of art, it has some of my art and art I've been lucky enough to receive from other people and my Ralph Steadman autograph, from the school of Gonzo, no Id never heard of it either, had him in as a customer at the bank and he is a genuinely lovely chap and so interesting, so cheekily asked for an autograph,et voila.

Now the hanging cabinet was rescued from a charity shop and I spent a while trying to alter it, covered the whole thing in torn pages from a marvel annual, but then didnt like that, so gesso'd over and then played with inks and stamps to create an antiquey vintagey alteredy feel.  Used alcohol inks on alluminium tape to cover door frame and then crackle painted the background with the lovely bronze croco from Viva, black acrylic to highlight the bronze, my first attempt at altering something larger than a A5 card, LOL.  And a great place to keep some of the fat pages Ive received.


Also in the picture on the radiator is my very own spray box for glimmer mists etc, have rather cleverly got an old book that fits in it, use the back of book to stop it flying all over and use a new page each time so have some pre sprayed text pages whenever I need them

Now I am a little bit excited, cos its Ally Pally next Saturday, only 5 more sleeps, have saved lots of money and am hopefully going to have a great and frutiful trip, will try and photo my haul  to show you all, have a great week everyone, its only a four dayer.

2 comments:

Jenni said...

So cool, loving your wall of art also a big Ralph Steadman fan so v impressed with the autograph. Hope you've had a great Easter holiday.
Jenni x

Deborah said...

A shrine to craft! See you at crafting mecca on Saturday :-)