Sunday 28 March 2010

Part 1 - Journal Cover


I've just had a week off, which I've spent keeping busy and doing as much crafting as I could.  Most of the week has been spent finishing my sister's 50th mini book, ok her birthday was last July so its a wee bit late, but never used to see her that often and then she got a job in Saudi Arabia and this Easter is the first time we will be catching up with her and her busy lifestyle, so had to pull finger out and get book finished.  It took ages and I hope she loves it, because even thought we dont see each other often she is my sister and I love her and doing this book bought back some great memories.  Will try and post some pics this week but havent scanned it yet.

Anyway once that was done could do something for me, have been reading Craft Stamper and their Art Journal series, on Friday manged to get some cheap mountboard from the framers not quite free, but only a couple of quid for enough for lots of covers.  So with my new Claudine Hellmuth paints away I went, I-pod on and creativity on high, so here is the front cover, had to resist doing an exact copy of Kate Cranes, as hers is so yumptious, and then discovered that I follow her blog, well worth a visit to the Kathryn Wheel.  Tis true its hard to let go, but I tried not too judge myself too harshly and let the creativity flow, used some collage images from ITKupilli and Lisa's altered Art, both of whom do some lovely dark and gruesome but cute images.  Im quite chuffed Ill make an artist yet, LOL.  I never did art as a subject at school for "O" level (that shows me age for a start), so feel I have missed out on lots of the art basics, but experimentation seems to work most of the time.

Anyway enough warbling, Desperate Housewives has just finished and its time for bed, Grrr finished on a cliff hanger and not back for two weeks, grrrrrr.


4 comments:

flutterbycrafter said...

Wow, this is fabulous, love all the different colours and layering, awesome xx

Deborah said...

Beautiful, beautiful cover Pidd! Love the colours you have chosen. such fun playing with paint, isn't it (I never did art 'o' level either). What time you planning on getting to Ally Pally on 10th?

thekathrynwheel said...

Oooh this is FABULOUS! I love it mucho! I can see it's like my article but you've completely made it your own. And I love those gruesome images by Itkupilli. Great work :-)
P.S. It's a great honour for me, that people want to follow my article and make the item. I'm chuffed!

Sandra Hall said...

It does look great! I really love your colour choices! I know lots of people use those gruesome images but I think they're spooky! I've only just around to the kooky stampotique stamps!