Tuesday 12 May 2009

Mini Book




I have been doing this as an ongoing project for a couple of months, started off with good intentions and then the mojo went out of the window, so it took a back seat whilst niggling me that it hadnt been finished, so I made myself knuckle down to it this weekend and finished it yesterday. Its a woodware chipboard and acrylic book, and was only 3 or 4 pounds so good value, and Ive used some of my fave pictures of my eldest son, who is now 15 (going on 25), luckily he liked it.

I didnt realise how difficult a mini book would be, you need to decide a colour scheme and a style, which is then difficult to carry through with all the different sorts of photos, but I did my best, and picked a 6 x 6 pad of paper from my stash (Making Memories - Avenue Collection) as my starting point, then had to resist using glitter and sparkles as dont think son would have appreciated it, LOL.

So here it is finished, now why did I promise myself I would do one for my sisters upcoming significant birthday, aarrgggh.

4 comments:

Jenni said...

Well done Siobhan, it's brilliant! I love the colour scheme and there are some gorgeous photos. I know how hard it is to do something without glitter and flowers but you've done a great job!
Jenni x

Lynne K said...

Superb! Well worth all the time and effort you must have spent on it.

Siobhan Brignull said...

why thank you, my crafty friends

Deborah said...

I'm no scrapbook expert but it looks bloody good to me! And good thing Taylor likes it :-)